What acupuncture can help with
Five-Element Acupuncture can help with a wide range of conditions, but the effect of good acupuncture is more than simply addressing the symptoms.
This system of medicine recognises that many ailments are the product of emotional as much as physical distress, and gives us a framework of how to assess and treat the cause of illness.
By restoring balance in the vital energy or 'Qi', we allow the body, mind and spirit to function as well as nature will allow.
Acupuncture can be used with a wide range of conditions including:
- Stress related disorders: anxiety, panic attacks, depression, stress, insomnia
- Pain relief: arthritis, backache, sport injury, neck pain, sciatica, tendonitis, RSI
- Headaches: chronic headaches, migraines
- Menstrual irregularities: PCOS, painful or irregular periods, no period, PMS, endometriosis or cysts
- Fertility problems
- Difficulty during pregnancy: nausea, low back pain, anxiety, breech presentation, induction
- Hormonal disorders during menopause: hot flushes, night sweats, fatigue, moodswings
- Respiratory problems: asthma, hayfever, sinusitis
- Digestive disorders: IBS, constipation, acute and chronic diarrhoea, bloating, acid reflux
- Fatigue and tiredness: autoimmune disorders, chronic fatigue, ME, cold and flu
- High blood pressure
Acupuncture has demonstrated benefit to cancer patients for pain management, nausea and vomiting, dry an dpainful mouth, immune system modulation, sleep and hot flushes. Read more on acupuncture and cancer treatment...
The World Health Organization produced, in 1979, a list of 43 diseases and disorders that lend themselves to acupuncture treatment. Included on this list are conditions such as:
- respiratory diseases, eye diseases, gastro-intestinal disorders, endocrine disorders, cardiovascular diseases, trigeminal neuralgia, facial paralysis, insomnia, tennis elbow, low back pain, Meniere's disease, osteoarthritis, migraine headaches, frozen shoulder, multiple sclerosis, sciatica, rheumatoid arthritis, stroke, neurological and musculo-skeletal disorders, chronic fatigue syndrome, alcohol and tobacco addiction.